Raw Carrot Cake by Phuket Cleanse
- 09 June 2017 09 June 2017
Phuket Cleanse's raw carrot cake is the perfect healthy treat for an evening with friends, or for those looking to try an English classic with a twist! It gets it’s “raw” name due to the substituted ingredients that don’t need to be baked, giving it a fresher, healthier taste. The mix of raisins, carrots, dates and figs create a fruitful flavour, with the coconut oil and flour giving it a light finish. The velvety cashew filling gives this creative recipe a moist and satisfying taste that will leave you wanting more.
The juice and pulp of 4 carrots
1 x cup coconut flour
The flesh and a couple of slices of the zest from 1 orange
5 x figs
10 x dates
1 cup raisins
2 cups cashews
1 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp. cinnamon
1 cup coconut milk
For the 'cake':
1. Soak the cashews, dates, figs, and raisins for a minimum of 2 hours.
2. In a food processor, blend the carrots, coconut flour, figs, raisins and cinnamon. While it’s blending, slowly add a little carrot juice until the mixture is moist. (You still want it to be quite firm for moulding, so don't add too much carrot juice!
For the cashew filling:
1. In a blender, add dates, cashews, coconut milk, coconut nectar & coconut oil, and blend until smooth.
1. Mould the cake mixture into a circular base level, then add some cashew filling on top, followed by another layer of the carrot base and a final layer of the cashew cream
2. Decorate with goji berries and raisins